Schools Out For Summer!

Schools Out For Summer!

Mya DelaCruz

The end of the 2023 school year is coming up here in the next four weeks. With that being said, there will be some activities taking place here on campus to close out the year. 

To begin, there will be a SGA banquet held on April 26th, at 6pm for any student involved in clubs and organizations here at GCCC. The SGA is a student government association that is a voice for the college students. They meet each week to discuss campus activities, issues, and improvements. This banquet is to celebrate and review the school year and to prep for the next. 

On April 27th, there will be an athletic banquet for any athlete involved in sports at GCCC. It will be held in the Dennis Perryman Athletic Complex (DPAC) building. 

On May 2nd, from 11:30am to 3pm, Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) and the Hispanic American Leadership (HALO) will be having a de-stressor for college students. For this de-stressor, there will be hand waxing, airbrush tattoos, sensory candle making, quarter back toss, and food. 

Also on May 2nd, from 10am – 12pm, the Phi Theta Kappa honor society and Academic Building (Business, HPER, Sociology and Psychology Departments)  will have a wellness wheel. The wellness wheel will be for students to understand different aspects in their life. 

On Friday, May 5th, is when graduation will take place. It will be held in the Dennis Perryman Athletic Complex (DPAC) building. There will be two separate ceremonies, one at four and one at seven. The ceremony at four will be for students with associates degrees in applied science and receiving program certificates. The ceremony at seven will be for students with associates degrees in Arts, Science, and General Studies.